Friday, March 13, 2009

Ska Afar




(OMG, it's Friday the 13th!!!) Anyhoo--"ska afar" is how they would say "sky afire" down here in Mississippi. I took this picture just as the sun was going down recently--those are the trees across the street from our house. We used to have trees on OUR side of the road but mean ole Katrina knocked a good number of them down. At least now I can get better shots of gorgeous sunsets. I'm no photography whiz by any stretch of the imagination but every once in awhile I get something interesting. Now I'm just waiting for the wisteria to start its rampant grip on everything so I can capture some of that beautifulness. Apparently the wisteria god decided that he/she was going to appear in every single tree in the area EXCEPT ours. We're like the wisteria dead zone, but I guess that's ok since once the flowers are gone it's just a big twisty mass of bark. Until then, though, it's truly a sight to behold!